Easter this year was so much fun! Ryleigh Jane was really excited about it, and she kept asking me regularly when was the Easter Bunny coming, and she told me that Maw Maw told her the Easter Bunny brings jelly beans and skittles and lots of candy (thanks Maw Maw, lol). I kept trying to explain to her the real meaning of Easter, and we read the Bible story of Easter and a Bible based story of Easter book several times, but she was still just too young to really appreciate it I think. I mean at this point in time in her brain, jelly beans trump everything. I am hoping that the older she gets and the more we repeat the stories, she will catch on. I did at least! Anyway! We started our Easter festivities with dying Easter eggs on Saturday. Ryleigh Jane thought it was a lot of fun, and she was upset when we were done. She takes dying eggs very seriously as you can tell by some of these pictures.
Doing a happy dance right before we started
Posing with her leg out...This was the 2nd picture we took. The first was not good enough because her leg was down. She made me retake it :)
Silly girl!
She gets serious when the dying begins!
She does a really good job though.
Green "hulk" hands from the dye
We even had to re-dye some because she wasn't ready to be finished.
Enjoying an Easter cupcake with daddy after all her hard work!
No comments:
Post a Comment