Sunday, January 14, 2018

What other way would we start our year??

Guess what RJ has been doing a lot of???  You guessed it!  DANCING! She recently has started realizing that taking classes from other teachers and being around dancers from different dance schools can really benefit her a lot because she can learn all kinds of new things from stepping out of her comfort zone.  She recently completed her first real audition process for the Joffrey ballet school. We took head shots and jump shots and all that fun stuff!  I was so proud of her for not only going, but she is not getting near as discouraged as she once did.  My favorite quote of hers during preparations and prayers for a fun trip was, "Mama, I know I may not get anything and this time that's gonna be okay, but oh I want it so bad!"  The it she was talking about was being accepted into one of their summer intensive programs, especially the one in NYC!  Good news is, she was accepted!  Yay RJ!  Bad news is, they are EXPENSIVE! She didn't receive a scholarship this time, but I have a strong feeling if she keeps on this path, she will get one one day, and mama and daddy will be loading up to take her to NYC!










The entire company had their show off to let us parents see what they have been working on this entire year!  It was great to see everything in costume!  


 This girl is a hard worker!  Even when she doesn't want to go or be there, she puts in 100%. She makes me so proud!



If this is any indication of what this year is going to be like, I am so excited!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment