Monday, December 17, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree!


We picked out our Christmas tree the first weekend in December.  We sadly missed out on the annual Touchstone family Christmas tree outing, but we had a good time with just the 3 of us anyway!  We went to Mr. Sherrer's Christmas tree farm, just like last year.  We picked out a pretty tree that I thought looked big at the farm, but I didn't give it much thought.  Well, lo and behold, we got it home and it was HUGE!  We couldn't even put the tree topper on the top.  We settle for a couple of branches below, but it still looks good.  I also bought some new lights to add on to what I had last year because I love to have a sparkly lit up Christmas tree.  Well, just a note to self, LED lights are totally different than regular Christmas tree lights.  Next year, we will NOT have a 2 toned Christmas light tree.  I still think it turned out pretty :)  

On the hunt...

Sweet girl :)  She makes my heart smile!

She loves her daddy these days!

We can't decide which one because they were all so pretty!

This is it, This is it!

yeah...it looks huge here.  We should have known better.

The pick!

Wish the sun would have cooperated here.  

The guys drug our poor tree to the tree shaker.

RJ really liked this part!

I couldn't resist this photo op!

Okay, I have to insert this story here because it wouldn't be a complete story if I didn't.  Brad and I argue every year once we get the tree home and try to get it in the stand with just the 2 of us. This year, I thought ahead and decided to bring the stand with us to the farm and let the big guys help him set it up and make it straight.  All that worked out great...then we got home. I am a weakling.  I will readily admit to it. Brad tried to let me pick up one end of the tree to stand it up, and I dropped it.  I popped the tree stand off, and we were back to square one argument and all.  I guess it wouldn't be Christmas if there wasn't a disagreement of sorts on the tree stand and straightness of the tree! We got over it pretty quickly as you will see. 

Got the lights strung, now just getting the ornaments ready.

Ryleigh Jane was the best helper ever doing the tree this year! 

She loved handing me the ornaments and directing their placement.

Love this sweet innocence :)

It's Star time! 

Attempting to put it on top, but it was an epic fail. 

We settled for almost the top!

The final product :) Beautiful!

I worked hard on my mantle this year.  I couldn't get any of my stuff to cooperate, and I had to take it all down and redo it twice!

Foyer

Breakfast table.  

Merry Christmas!  I hope this gets you in the spirit if you aren't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment