Monday, December 17, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

It's finally here--Christmas time that is!!!  I LOVE this holiday season with all my heart.  I want Ryleigh Jane to be just as fond of it as I am, and so far I am getting my wish.  We started off by painting a picture of an elf that I will display each year as part of my decorations.  She had a blast painting it, and she is going to ask Santa Clause to bring her some paint and art supplies so that she can play and paint more frequently!  

Getting started...

Working so hard...

The finished product!  
I am going to paint the background a bright color. I just have to figure out what would look best :)  I LOVE it!

We also bought Ryleigh Jane a little tree to decorate for her room this year.  She and I had a great time doing this together, and I think we both realized how OCD we both are.  The lights and ornaments had to be just right in order for us to say we were done!  


Stringing the lights

Of course we have time for a photo op! 

I was trying to get it just right...Can you tell?  Ryleigh Jane and I are both learning to be patient with one another in this aspect. 

The finished product!


We had a good time doing this together! This little tree is now in her room and serves as a nightlight every night!  Not sure what we will do when Christmas is over. We may have to make it a holiday tree and just change it every holiday to something new.  

No comments:

Post a Comment