After spending a good bit of time with Josie, Ryleigh Jane, and Addison Thursday-Monday, I decided I would invent the Pa-Pa Club. All three of these girls are addicted to their pacifiers. I kept Josie Thursday night so Katie, Joey, MawMaw, and PawPaw could go to the Saints game. Josie is one of the sweetest babies I have ever had the pleasure of keeping.
She just lays so quietly and smiles every once in a while. Katie told me she would get fussy around 7 pm, but that never happened (if it did, I didn't identify it as fussing. RJ needs to give her some lessons). All she wanted to do was lay in her Nap Nanny and "click" her pacifier. I got some good snuggle time, and it was actually a nice break from my "wild thang", who was on her way to the beach with MiMi and PawPaw.
Once we got to the beach, Ryleigh Jane and Addison kept the pa-pa spirit alive. Addison is always making sure Ryleigh has hers. She knows how important it is to always have it on hand. They would play on the blanket, and every time Ryleigh Jane dropped the pa-pa, Addison was right there putting it back in her mouth. I also voted officers of the club, by age of course :) Addison is President, Ryleigh Jane is Vice President, and Josie Kate is Secretary/Treasurer.
We really had a good time at the beach. Ryleigh discovered how yummy the salty sand tastes. She ate several handfuls. She also discovered how to push to a sitting position from her tummy, and she is very close to crawling! We will keep you posted on how that is going. Baby-proofing will be going on at our house very soon! 

I love it! The pa pa club! Glad you took such good care of Josie... looks like she had a great time. Josie may win the title of "nosiest pa pa sucker" in the pa pa club. Does she need to teach RJ and Addison how?
ReplyDeleteFord can be a man in the pa-pa club... except he only needs his when going to sleep. What could his job be??????
ReplyDeleteMaybe he can teach the women that strong independent women only need their pa pa at bedtime.
ReplyDeleteDoes Josie like the Nap Nanny? I have one that's supposed to be here today, if UPS.com is to be believed. I'm hoping it will help with his reflux.
ReplyDeleteOh my I could go on and on about the Nap Nanny! It is wonderful... she does not like to lay flat so I put it in her crib. Kinda cheating but it works! And she sleeps all night. Very very smart purchase! Janice - are u tired of me having conversations on your blog?
ReplyDeleteNo I am not tired of it! I was actually excited that I had comments :) It's like getting real mail (that's not bills of course). Jill, Ford can be the Sergeant-At-Arms. That is a very manly position. The Nap Nanny is supposed to do wonders for reflux :)
ReplyDeleteWere ya'll at the Beach Club too?
ReplyDeleteNo we stayed at Dolphin Key. It's over the Bay bridge across from Ono Island.
ReplyDeleteWell I am sure Ryleigh's grandparents loved spending time with her....and you guys too:)
ReplyDelete