Secondly, Ryleigh Jane "graduated" from daycare to pre-school. It brought about many new things like uniforms, carpools, getting up at 4:45 in the morning to squeeze everything in, and a "kid" instead of a baby at my house. She has matured and grown up so much this year. I really wish that time could stop. I know it can't, especially in a house as busy as ours. It seems it speeds up each year no matter how much I beg and plead for it to at least slow down so we can enjoy every moment.
I also had some major changes in my job. My company was sold to a corporation, and I am now pretty much all by myself in the practice. I work a lot more hours with very little to no time off. I am now the boss too, which is a big enough change in itself. It helped us financially, but it is still a trade off when you consider time away from family.
Brad was my constant and hero this year. He stepped up for our family in so many ways. I truly felt like I had a helpmate. God definitely knew what he was doing when he put us together. He complements me in ways that I didn't even know I needed it. I have titled him MR. MOM this past year because of how much he has helped me with Ryleigh Jane. One of my favorite moments was the time I forgot RJ's teddy bear on teddy bear day, and Brad drove all the way across town and out of his way to get it to her. He has come through like that on so many occasions. It's actually been not only good for me and Brad but for him and RJ as well. They have bonded and really become close since he has had to take over some of my duties.
I think the one thing I learned the most this past year is something that I already knew, but it was made so evident to me by all of the happenings of 2013…God really is there, He really has His hand in everything, He is always watching and listening, and He always knows what I need better than I could ever imagine. His way on His time. If I can remember that last phrase in 2014, I know I will have a less stressful year. He pours His blessings out on me most when I least expect it. Thank you, Lord for loving me and my family. We praise you and love you and most of all appreciate all the awesome things you do for us! Happy New Year!



No comments:
Post a Comment