Sunday, January 3, 2010

Looking back 1999-2009

I am stealing this idea from my friend, Sarah's blog. I thought it would be neat to make a list of the things that have happened/changed since 1999. WOW! I don't even know where to start, so here goes...

*Brad and I met in 1999 and started dating in April of that year.
*We both finished college by 2003 (me in 2002) and got married the same year.
*We bought and sold our first house, second (semi-dream) home, and the third house is still alive :) .
*We have both finished dental school, grad school, and law school, separately of course.
*Traveled to some really fun places including Disney (a few times including honeymoon), Seattle, Vancouver (2 times), Mexico, Washington, D.C., and the mountains and beach!
*We got Prissy and then let her have puppies and kept one, Lulu.
* We both turned 21, and Brad has also turned 30!
*We started our grown-up careers
* Changed our lives completely by having our beautiful baby girl, Ryleigh Jane. Who knew you could ever love another human being that much?
*Gained 2 nieces and watched my other 2 nieces and 1 nephew grow up way too fast right before my eyes
*Lost the only grandfather and great-grandmother I ever knew
*Made some life long friends that we love dearly

There are many things in this world and in my life that have changed, but the few things that haven't are these...
*I love Brad more and more each day, and I can't wait to see him everyday when he gets home from work. Ryleigh Jane has also joined in on that feeling now.
*I love both sides of my family more than anything and value them dearly.
*I am very blessed to have all that I have, and God keeps blessing me despite my not living like I should
*My friends are very near and dear to my heart, and I have a lot of really good ones!
*Everything changes everyday.

Here are a few pics to show you how far we have come and how much we have aged (Whoa! SCARY)-


Here's to another decade of change, prosperity, and Love! May you all have a blessed year and decade. Thanks for being a special part of our lives. We love you!

2 comments:

  1. That made me tear up! So fortunate to have you as a part of my family. Cannot wait to see what these little girls have in store for us. I love yall! PS - Yes, I am a blogging machine, thanks for noticing! Don't know what got into me. What in the world did I blog about before Josie got here??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog. I remember that first picture of ya'll by the tree

    ReplyDelete