Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A sad milestone

Each time Ryleigh Jane has reached some sort of milestone, I have been so excited!  She has done everything pretty much on time, but tonight we reached a sort of milestone that I never knew would make me sad...  We bought a "big girl" carseat and installed it tonight.  While Brad was being a good daddy and hooking the straps tightly, I was remembering the "little baby" seat we have taken everywhere since the day she was born.  I was completely okay until we walked out to the car, and then the tears started coming.  I tried so hard not to cry because it is just a carseat, but to me it symbolizes so much more.  Ryleigh Jane will be 1 next Tuesday, and this year has gone by so fast.  I am scared because everyone says the next years go by so much faster.  My sweet, little baby that weighed only 6 lbs 5 oz at 5 days old is now walking and talking and destroying everything she comes in contact with haha!  She is really growing up fast.  I can't even imagine how upset I will be when we turn the carseat around to the front.  I am really such a sentimental sap.  At least she likes her new "big girl" seat.  She wasn't really sure about it until we put it in the car and took it for a ride.  She didn't make a peep the whole time we were gone.  I think it is all going to be just fine. 

Ryleigh Jane was a big help to daddy when he was putting it together!

4 comments:

  1. We are about to start looking at them too. Ford weighs over 19 pounds. When can they turn around to the front???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sap, too! I think they will enjoy riding much more when they can see us and face forward. I was wondering when they can face forward, too. And what is the weight limit on the infant car seat? I imagine Josie will be ready about when RJ is since they are about the same size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All seats are different. Our's goes to 22 lbs, which we are nowhere near haha, but the height limit of 29.5 is what worried me. They say they can turn around at 1 year old or 20 lbs, but I am going to leave her rear-facing a little while longer. She doesn't know the difference anyway. They have new regulations on that :) Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got Jason's a while ago, and I was really not wanting to! He was just too long. And for how long to be rear facing, it's 1 year or 20 pounds, whichever comes last, not first. Which means Jason will probably facing the back until he's 3!

    ReplyDelete