To preface this story you need a little background info. There is a term used in the Touchstone family called "smoochie". This term was coined by Kaylon when she was a little girl, and the official definition is "being lazy on the couch all afternoon or just generally sleepy where you don't want to do anything but snuggle". Ryleigh Jane is usually up and att'em at 6:30 ready to go, but this Friday morning was a different story. She is usually a morning person like her daddy, so when she wakes up, it's like she has a lot of energy she saved up overnight and is ready to burst. This Friday seemed like it was going to be "normal", but by the time I had gotten out of the shower and gotten her dressed, her smoochie-ness took over. If you have ever been around Ryleigh Jane, you know that this is out of character for her. She rolled around on our bed burying her head and being smoochie for the rest of the morning. She must not have gotten her nap out during the night because she fell asleep on the way to school, which is less than a mile and took a 3 hour nap that morning. Needless to say, I had to take pictures because I don't think this will happen very often! 

I love being smoochie, too, Ryleigh!
ReplyDelete