Thursday, February 18, 2016

Presenting Representative Brad Touchstone

The first Tuesday after the New Year, we headed to Jackson as a family to see Brad sworn into office.  This accomplishment is truly special because he has been dreaming of this since junior high when he paged in the Governor's office.  He really has a heart for service, and I know he is going to do big things in Jackson.  They better watch out, move over, and get out of his way because he is coming in ready to work!  He is one of the smartest, most driven people that I know, and I couldn't be prouder of where he is!  God is using him in ways only He would know how to do. We love our Representative!
The night before the swearing in, Brad booked us and his parents a room at a historic B&B over by Millsaps.  It was so beautiful!  We had a few happies waiting in the room to commemorate the event, including milk and cookies for Princess Ryleigh Jane.  She was blown away by that! We got to eat Keifers that night and just relax.  It was nice to spend time with Maw Maw and Paw Paw as well.  It is rare we get a moment to slow down and talk to them.


The view from his desk!  We even got a personal tour of the Capitol that day!  We all felt so special!






The following week, Brad and I got to go back to Jackson to go to the Governor's Inaugural Ball.  It was fun to get dressed up and do something fancy!  Brad looked very dapper in his tux :) The whole experience was like a fairy tale really. The convention center was just beautiful.  I kind of felt like I was on the movie Hunger Games when they went to the Capitol! 






No comments:

Post a Comment