Friday, October 9, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

Today I had the honor of keeping Josie Kate and Ryleigh Jane together all by myself for the afternoon. It was really a lot of fun, and I got some cute video of them playing and cooing at each other. Ryleigh Jane pretty much treated Josie like she was a stuffed animal. She didn't pay her much attention at all until she started crying, and then she was very concerned and would stare at her.
Overall, everything went pretty smoothly until it was nap time. They both wanted to go to sleep at the same time, and I am not sure who is more spoiled when it comes to being held while going to sleep. I fed Ryleigh Jane first, and as she was dozing off in my arms, Josie started whining and crying and woke her up. Ryleigh Jane is not one to fall back asleep after being woken up, so I put her down on the floor to play for a few minutes while I fed Josie and rocked her to sleep. Then, the same thing happened. As soon as I got Josie drifting off, Ryleigh Jane started to cry and woke her up. It's a vicious cycle! I then put Josie in the swing and realized that was going to be a success. Ryleigh Jane was asleep for about 20 minutes (it took 20 to put her back to sleep) when Josie woke up. Needless to say, no one got a very good nap. All in all though, it was a successful- not as stressful as I thought it would be- afternoon. I really and truly enjoyed having both girls.
Now, for all you people reading this and wondering "when are you gonna have another since it wasn't so hard," you can stop wondering because...



We aren't having another one for a while haha!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I could do it. Thank you for keeping her!

    ReplyDelete