Monday, October 19, 2009

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

I am so excited about the cold weather we are beginning to have! This holiday season/weather starting from about Halloween to Valentine's day is my absolute favorite time of year. I love wearing sweaters and coats and cute boots and scarves too. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the beach, but there is just something special about it being chilly outside and all the holidays we have right in a row. I am a very sentimental person, so just thinking about drinking hot chocolate and eating cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning in front of the Christmas tree has me tearing up and salivating already. I just can't wait!


Well, there is someone new in our house that would completely disagree with me, and that is Ryleigh Jane. She does not know what to do with herself in this cold weather. This past weekend we went to the corn maze in Poplarville with my family. We knew it was going to be chilly, so we bundled RJ up in a blanket and jacket, and eventually her Halloween costume (we took pictures in the pumpkins with it on) to keep her warm. All of that, and it still wasn't enough. As soon as she feels the chill in the air, she turns into a different baby- no smiling allowed and sit very still so the wind won't find its way into any holes in your clothes. We even cautiously bought her a hat (I say cautiously because she really hates wearing a hat), and she wears it without a peep. Maybe after all the excitement from Christmas and Thanksgiving she will change her mind and think about this time of year like her mama does. But until then, the serious baby remains :)

2 comments:

  1. Poor baby! I do not blame her. I do not like to be cold either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby is too cute, smiling or not!

    ReplyDelete