Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Drive Well or STAY HOME!

Okay, this is going to be a blog where all I do is complain, and about what you ask? The drivers in Hattiesburg! Growing up, I lived in a small town that was close to Louisiana, and then I moved to Jackson. Needless to say, the pace of the drivers in both of those towns was fast, but I can handle fast. What I can't handle is turtle speed. OMG! People here drive so slow, and it drives me nuts! Brad and I have been discussing this a lot lately. Of course it bugs him, he drives like he is on a NASCAR track everywhere he goes haha :) But here are the top five things that Hattiesburg drivers need to improve on
1. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COME TO A COMPLETE STOP BEFORE MAKING A TURN, UNLESS THERE IS A STOP SIGN OR REDLIGHT!
2. USE A BLINKER! THEY PUT THEM ON EVERY MODEL OF EVERY CAR, AND THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON!!
3. DRIVING 5-10 MPH UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT IS NOT REQUIRED BY LAW, AND MOST TIMES, IT IS JUST AS DANGEROUS AS DRIVING 5-10 MPH OVER!!!
4. WHEN TRAFFIC IS HEAVY ON HWY 98, STOPPING IN THE INTERSECTION BECAUSE YOU THINK THEIR IS ENOUGH ROOM FOR ONE MORE CAR IS NOT NECESSARY. IT MAKES TRAFFIC BACK UP WORSE! JUST WAIT YOUR TURN!!!!
5. THE PERSON WHO STOPS AT A STOP SIGN FIRST HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY. THESE STOP SIGNS DON'T TAKE A GENIUS TO USE THEM PROPERLY. PAY ATTENTION! IF YOU GET THERE AT THE SAME TIME AND THE OTHER DRIVER FLASHES THEIR LIGHTS, THAT MEANS GO!!!!!
Okay, now I feel much better :) sorry for the vent! Hope you all have a safe day on the road.

1 comment:

  1. My personal fave goes like this: You are waiting to pull onto a road, and you see a car coming and don't think you have time (and you have precious cargo), so you wait for them to pass before you pull out. Then they turn on your road, with no blinker. Or they may flick it on at the last minute after they have already slowed to an almost complete stop, so it defeats the purpose anyway! Geez!

    ReplyDelete