Wednesday, June 3, 2009

4 month check-up and a fun visit!


Well, today was the big day. Ryleigh Jane went to the doctor to have her 4 month check-up and shots. I cannot believe it has already been 4 months since her grand arrival, but here we are! We went to Dr. Shook's expecting our normal routine, and everything started out great. We weighed in at 12 lbs. 2 oz. and 24 1/2 in long. Our growth chart was on the upward curve, even though we are below the 50th percentile for weight. After the nurse left and Dr. Shook came in, it all went downhill. We were still doing pretty good until momma had to put baby RJ on the table. Then it happened... Dr. Shook stuck that light in her ear. Momma held her down while he looked, which was okay until he put the green stick in her ear to clean out the wax. Ryleigh Jane literally freaked out! She screamed for what seems like hours, and I felt so guilty because I had to hold her arms down while he did it. It took a few minutes to calm her down, but it wasn't over. The shots came next. 3 in the right leg. Poor, poor baby. I don't know if it hurts my feelings or her little leg worse.
The rest of the day has been pretty anti-traumatic. We spent some time at home, then at mommie's work, and then we went to see Aunt Katie and Baby Josie Kate's nursery. That was the most fun of all!! We are so excited that in four more weeks we get to meet our new niece/cousin. Josie is going to be beautiful, and her mommy and daddy will be the best parents ever. We can't wait Josie Kate! Aww that rhymes :)
We ended the day by daddy being able to start feeding Ryleigh Jane rice cereal with a spoon. We weren't sure how well she would do, but I think this picture shows how much she liked it!

2 comments:

  1. Awe, she is getting soooo little girl cute!!!!! She is growing up. Looked at pics of your house on Facebook, gorgeous! I know you are glad to be getting settled and making it HOME

    ReplyDelete
  2. She makes rice cereal look good! And I love the pic of yall two. Spitting image!

    ReplyDelete