The last twelve weeks have been more exciting and fun than I ever imagined they could be. Ever since Ryleigh has gotten here, I have been excited every morning when I wake up because I get to see something new that she does every single day. Well, today she definitely did something new. There are many things about babies that people never tell you when you get pregnant. In all the fantasies you have about your baby before he/she gets here, it never includes a full 24 hour period of time that your baby will cry uncontrollably for no reason at all. Ryleigh Jane has cried today probably more than every other day in her short little life combined. Oh the joys of being a mom! You try everything from swinging, to vibrating, to bouncing, to nursing, to bottle-feeding, to walking, to changing clothes/diapers, to nothing else short of standing on your head with no improvement in mood. I guess Brad and I should have known that she would be like this. We both cried all the time for no apparent reason, although I think he was a little worse than me. I guess it is just one of those "precious" moments that you just have to learn to appreciate when you have a beautiful, healthy baby. We love her for who she is, and we even get a little tickled at her and her dramatic shows. All in all she is pretty sweet, and I guess it wouldn't be as fun to me and Brad if she wasn't a little bit of a challenge. We love you sweet Ryleigh Jane, our little cry-baby!
You need to put a link on here for her video. Now, that is pitiful!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you stand it. That's one thing that I've never liked about babies, when they cry and you have no clue why. I guess I'll be finding out soon enough!
She still is pretty adorable, but I only got to hear the crying for a couple of minutes. I'll be thinking about you!
Then again, maybe her crying has something to do with that monster hat on her head.
ReplyDelete