Tuesday, June 4, 2013

May Mayhem #1

Then month of May is always a busy one for us!  I cannot even imagine what it will be like when Ryleigh Jane is old enough for graduations and such.  We started out the month by hanging out with Addie at our house.  RJ has gotten spoiled lately on being around her cousins.  I guess that's a good thing considering she doesn't have any siblings!

Addison was a pro at riding this scooter down the hill at lightning speed.  It made this momma nervous, but she loved it!  

We also attended a dance performance with Rachel at USM one night in early May.  I was a little nervous about how RJ would do in a serious performance, but she loved it.  It was in a small area, and I kept having to explain to her that it was going to get dark and quiet so not to be scared, and please don't talk!  She looked straight at me and said, "Mama, I'm a big girl.  I'm not scared of the dark, and I know how to whisper."  Haha!  She did whisper a little too loud a couple of times about some of the moves and poses that the dancers were doing and that got a snicker or two from the audience, but overall she did great! 

Ready to go!

Showing how dark it was when the lights went out!

This is the zombie pose she imitated from the dancers last dance. 

We went to Collins to hang out with Kristi and Steve and celebrate Steve's birthday!  We love this family so much :)  

Ryleigh Jane has loved corn on the cob since she started eating real food!

Being the sweet silly girl that she is

Happy Birthday, Steve!!!

Two 4 year olds playing with bullets?  Who says we need gun control in Mississippi? LOL!

All that action can wear a little girl out!

This my friends is what happens when she doesn't have cousins over to play!  She makes her baby dolls be her siblings and makes them take a nap!


One of the early weekends in May, we headed down to Henleyfield to visit my family.  We helped my dad uncover the pool or aka the frog pond!  Elizabeth was truly fascinated with the tadpoles big and small, and she even fed some to her pet turtles!  I do have to admit, the biologist in me (I have a degree in biology!) thought they were really cool too!

How stinking cute?  

Just the beginning

Lulu the lizard hunter was in full action mode.  She isn't a very smart hunter though poor thing :(

Brad and Elizabeth catching some to take to the turtles for a treat.

Ryleigh Jane was fascinated as well, and I was really surprised that she held one!

Addison was a little nervous about holding one.  This poor girl is scared of almost everything unless it's a barbie doll :)  

May Mayhem #2 will follow this one shortly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment