Sunday, June 2, 2013

10 years and counting...

Brad and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary on April 26, and it also counted as our 14 year together anniversary.  I cannot believe ten years have already gone by!  We have been through the vows of our wedding for sure...for better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness and health...These ten years have been absolutely a whirlwind.  We have gone through dental, graduate, and law school.  We have moved 5 times already, had a baby, ran a successful campaign, been through some trying (not serious) medical issues, and kept the walls of our house up and running.  It has been hard at times, but the hard times make you really appreciate the easy/good ones.  He is truly my soul mate, and I thank the good Lord above for bringing him into my life.  He is my best friend, my buddy, and my heart.  Happy Anniversary, Brad!  Here's to many many more...

Now that I got through that sappy stuff, let me post about what we did for our anniversary!  Brad had a prosecutors conference that just so happened to be the same weekend as our anniversary.  So, we made a family and couples weekend out of it!  We stayed at the IP in Biloxi, swam at their fabulous pool, ate way too much food, and just relaxed.  It was just what the doctor ordered for all 3 of us. 

The first day and a half, we had Ryleigh Jane with us.  We swam and went to the movies and had an awesome family day!  

Ryleigh Jane was not hungry when we ate lunch, but after nap time she wanted something to eat.  I told her all we had was leftovers from lunch. She gladly finished her daddy's cheeseburger :)  She definitely does not take after me in that department.  

Daddy took this little girl shoe shopping before our movie.  They were trying to talk me into buying my 4 year old some "high heels."  I said absolutely NOT!  

They are really cute on her though.  She thought they were fabulous.  I'm not ready for that yet! 

It's movie time!  Ryleigh Jane LOVES going to the movies.  We saw the Croods, and even Brad thought it was really good and funny!  

We both love popcorn! 

It's finally pool time!!! It was still a little chilly outside, but the pool was heated.  

My little sun goddess

She refused to go upstairs for a nap, so she opted to take one outside.  I couldn't believe she actually went to sleep, but she stayed under that towel and out for about an hour! My mom came and picked her up shortly after this nap to let me and Brad have a short couple's weekend to celebrate our 10 year mark. 


When you are all alone, you get a lot of selfies :) 

We went for a pretty lengthy run on Saturday morning.  I am not one of those people that looks pretty when I work out, so sorry for the ugliness!  

Ahhhh... heaven on earth!  This pool is awesome, and I want to go back again to enjoy it more. 

Our official anniversary dinner at Ruth's Chris.  We have never eaten there, and it was so yummy!  Although, we may have to wait another ten years before we do it again because it's a little pricey!  It was worth it though. 

I got a little sunburnt on this trip.  Sunscreen must be out of date :(

Our spread... fabulous is the word here.  

Being the silly people we are.  

No one that Brad works with would know it, but he is one of the silliest people I have ever known.  You have to catch him in just the right mood and environment, but he can have me laughing until I cry.  

One more selfie...I think you can definitely tell it's been 10 years when you look at this picture!  Haha!  When did I get so old, and when did I get so many wrinkles???

The best 10 year accomplishment!  My sister sent me this pic of RJ during that weekend while she was staying with them.  She is the best thing that ever happened to us, even if she is a little diva!  

Just a couple weeks before we celebrated our 10 year, my parents celebrated 40!!!  Yes, you read that right, I wrote 40 years.  They have also been through a lot of highs and lows and are still together.  I am so thankful to have had this example of marriage, sacrifice, compromise, tolerance, and love to follow.  We love you Mimi and Paw Paw!  




No comments:

Post a Comment