Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Paw Paw and Punkins Galore!



October 5 was my dad's 58 birthday, and we celebrated in true Burke fashion.  We went out to eat for a good meal, opened presents, and then we ate cake!!!  My daddy is a sweet, sweet man.  He is really good to my mom,  he has always supported my sister and me to the max, he works harder than most people I know, and he adores his "grandgirls."  Happy Birthday Paw Paw!  We love you!

Happy Birthday!

These girls think they are so grown :) 

Helping Paw Paw blow out his candles.  This part was the most exciting for them, of course!



This Saturday, Katie and I decided to load the girls up and head to Mitchell Farms for some "punkin" pickin'.  Other than the fact that it was 4000 degrees, we had an awesome time, and I think the girls did too!  Mrs.  Donna was such a good sport too.  She followed us all around and took tons of pictures, and she even rode the straight down slide with Josie!  If that's not a good grandma, I don't know what is.  All the sliding, "candy corn" bin playing, and pumpkin-capades really wore poor RJ out.  She took a 3 hour nap when we got home!  Now that is unheard of. We had a blast though, and I look forward to doing this as long as the girls will allow us to without them being too old and cool.  Hopefully, we have a while!

Waiting on the farm tour to start! 

Colbie is so cute and so happy all the time!  She loves to say "cheese" for the camera too!  She did it all day, and I got some really cute pictures of her smiling!

Waiting for the tour we had several moments for photo ops! 

These outfits they wore were so cute!  They loved looking at the pretty sunflowers, and I loved the color contrast between the bright orange, bright yellow, and the blue sky. 

Let the pumpkin finding begin!

Colbie tried so hard to pick these up, but they were just too big!  

Ryleigh Jane really like the different colored ones, but she ended up getting a cute little orange one anyway!  

Josie liked the big pumpkins!

Best friends forever and cousins too!

Corn crib-Round 1

This was Josie's absolute favorite part!  

Sliding!  She liked this too, but it was still 2nd to the "candy corn"

RJ always on the go! I think she ran everywhere we went.

Katie and her girls checking out the crazy chickens

The straight down slide...RJ is a daredevil, and she will do anything like this all by herself!  

She loved it :)  

Mrs. Donna was sweet enough to go with Josie!

I think DeDe liked it more than Josie did lol!  


Colbie was downing this juice box!  

Oh how I love my sweet girl!

Another "cheese" out of Colbie

Josie saw some other kids sticking their face in the corn and decided she would try it. How unsanitary does that sound and look??? I try not to think about those kinds of things, but it is so hard now that I'm a momma, and I work on people's mouths all day and see some really nasty stuff!

Pretty girls

Josie found the one!  

Ready to ride the train

Choo choo!

Ryleigh Jane asked me to take her picture on this hay.  

Cinderella's Pumpkin Carriage

Sweet memories with sweet girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment