Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Perfect One

 Tonight, we finally got time to go and get our Christmas tree.  Rj put on her "Christmas tree finding clothes," and we were off!  We went to borrow a truck, and then went to eat so we could guarantee a cooperative baby before we went to find the tree.  We are never free during daylight hours, so we had to go somewhere that you can see the trees at night.  We settled on the Lion's Club tent in front of Big Lots, and I think we found just the right fit for us.  RJ loved looking at the trees and kept asking to touch them.  It must have really worn her out because within about 2 minutes of us being back in the truck, she was konked!  We didn't even make it out of the parking lot before I took the picture below. 

Once we made it home, I decorated my little heart out!   I absolutely love our tree :)  I can't wait to see what Ryleigh Jane has to say about it.  A few nights ago, I put up our mantle decorations while she was sleeping.  When she woke up the next morning, she walked in the living room and said, "Look, Mama, Pretty!"  I will keep you posted on her reaction! 

Getting started

RJ being a sweet girl

She found a set of pallets to play with.  Fascinating I know!

Making her way through the trees, looking for the "ONE"

RJ and Daddy making sure the trunk was straight

Checking the back just one last time! 

This it IT!

Literally about 5 minutes after the above picture



De-netting the tree


Final Touches :)

The Perfect One!

2 comments:

  1. Janice your house looks soooo pretty! RJ picked out the perfect tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a little girl that loves christmas it just wears her out. pictures are precious.

    ReplyDelete