Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dirt Beads and Tattoo

Today when I picked Ryleigh Jane up from school, the daycare girls warned me that she would be very tired and very dirty.  They played outside all afternoon, and she only took 1 nap in the morning for 40 minutes today.  She normally has changed clothes several times each day when I pick her up, so when she had on just a different pair of pants, I didn't think anything of the being dirty thing.  We came home, and she acted really happy and sweet while I got supper ready.  She rubbed her eyes a little bit, but other than that she did really well.  I thought, "Hmm, maybe they just thought she was dirty and tired..."  Well, 7:15 rolled around, and boy did things change!  All of a sudden, RJ couldn't be pleased no matter what we did, so it was bath time.  That's when I found the dirt!  haha!  For the first time in her short, little life she had "dirt beads" under her neck.  My Granny always washed under my neck really well because when you had a fun day, you always had "dirt beads". 
We also discovered that RJ has a new word, and boy, is it a strange one.  For some reason the picture of Maw Maw on our side table and some of the fish in her bathtub are now called "Tattoo"!  We really aren't sure where that came from, and aren't sure if that's what she is really saying.  BUT!  for now, "tattoo" is the word of the week.  Here is a list of the words she says just so you will see how strange this new word is- Hey, Bye Bye, Uh-oh, Hi, DaDa, Moo, Hey Prissy, Hey Josie/jo jo, See, dab dab(baby), and now "tattoo".  Oh well, I guess she will just be very cultured and versatile :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment