Saturday, August 16, 2014

Back to School

Well it's finally time…Ryleigh Jane is officially in Kindergarten…I have strange feelings about this.  I am so happy for her to grow up and learn all the things she has been yearning to learn, but my heart aches a little for her because she is going to learn those hard life lessons and see things from this point forward that skew her lollipops and rainbows view of the world.  Her innocence will change, and I know everyone has to go through this, but it's hard to let your own little one go into the great big world.  I do know this will be an awesome journey for us as a family that will bring great memories, so I will choose to focus on that aspect of it!  Here are the pics of our school shopping, meet the teacher, and first day/week of school...


Ordering and paying for her ICEE at Target for the first time by herself

Mrs. Morris is Ryleigh Jane's Kindergarten teacher this year.  I idolized this lady when I was Ryleigh Jane's age!  I think it is so neat that she ended up with a teacher from Picayune that I thought was so wonderful when I was young. 

RJ's cubby 



First day ready! 


Pre-K vs. K---Where did my baby-faced girl go? 



So thankful to have Charley as our classmate and carpool buddy again this year! 

First day of school- After school treats! 

Brad took a picture of her every morning the first week!  He is having a hard time watching his baby girl grow up!  


Successful first week!  We had a few nights of meltdowns about not being in Mrs. Villarreal's class and having snack before nap instead of after, and having to do homework this year, but overall I think she is going to love Kindergarten! 

No comments:

Post a Comment