Monday, July 7, 2014

Father's Day 2014

I let Brad pick what he wanted to do for Father's Day this year.  I told him it was totally up to him, and much to my surprise he chose to spend the day in New Orleans and go to the zoo!  I was so excited and shocked!  He wouldn't normally pick to spend his special day in NOLA because that's usually up my alley.  We decided to take my car to get serviced at the dealership, eat dinner, stay in a hotel and let Ryleigh Jane and Addison swim, and then go to the zoo the next morning.  Everything was working out beautifully until we left the dealership.  My car was making a funny noise and felt weird.  I told Brad but he kind of brushed it off until we pulled up to the red-light and my car "fell".  That's the only way I can describe that feeling.  Come to find out, the dealership people didn't tighten the lug nuts on my tire and they sheared off as we were going down the road.  They brought us a rental car (tiny with no TV!!!), kept my car overnight, fired the guy that messed up, and refunded our fee for the service visit.  I am so thankful that no one was hurt because that could have been a really bad situation had we gotten on the interstate…Praise be to GOD!

After the car drama, we ate dinner at Maspero's and let the girls swim.  We got up the next morning and ate some breakfast at Camellia Grill and headed to Audubon park.  It was a beautiful and very hot day that we so thoroughly enjoyed!  Thanks daddy for such a wonderful trip and for choosing to spend your very special day with your family.  It showed me how great of a daddy and husband you really are :)  We love you!!!



Addison decided to do a huge cannonball right in the middle of the hotel courtyard with people all around the pool.  That girl knows how to have a great time no matter what is going on around her! 

My Granny lived in NOLA in her 20's and never told us a lot about it.  She lived on Magazine street and rode the streetcar a lot and that's about all we know.  I always wondered where Pam and I got our middle name, and when I saw this street sign off the side of Magazine it made me wonder :)  When I get to heaven I may just ask her if that's what we were named after! 








Ryleigh Jane has some interesting poses she chooses :) 





This picture I made her get in just so it wouldn't seem so random to the people walking by… My dad is a jack of all trades and has had a lot of different jobs.  One job in particular was building certain parts of the Audubon Zoo.  He actually built this shed all by himself :)  I thought it was really neat that it  was still there after all these years.  He told me that the big gorilla also tried to attack him through the fence one day when he was working.  I'm glad that fence was there!  





The dinosaur exhibit was really cool!  Brad thoroughly enjoyed spooking Addison and Ryleigh Jane throughout the display.  


No comments:

Post a Comment