Sunday, April 6, 2014

Family Art Night, Valentine's Day, and Mardi Gras SHS Style

SHS has a family art night every year where the whole family can go and do art projects together.  Brad was not really that excited about this event, but it is one of the reasons why I love her school so very much.  They are really focused on growing children through the arts, and being that I danced my entire life and played musical instruments, this type of environment is super important to me!  The family art night was done in conjunction with Dr. Seuss' birthday, so they had themed Dr. Seuss days all week!

"Cindy Lou Who"  dressed and ready for school

Cupcake walk

We made a cat!  

RJ and Charley




They also make a fun day out of Valentine's Day.  I was really glad that it landed on a Friday.  I only work a half day on Friday, and their party started in the late afternoon during snacks.  They had a chocolate fountain, gave each other Valentine's in special handmade boxes, and just ate their hearts out! 









They play videos on the Prometheon board and let the kids dance and sing and play.  It is truly one of the cutest things I have seen!  

Finally, they make a pretty big deal out of Mardi Gras as well.  The high school students put on a Mardi Gras parade for the elementary students.  They also held this on Friday afternoon, so Brad and I both got to go.  The weather was perfect, and the kids/parents had a blast!!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment