Monday, September 2, 2013

July #2

We did a couple of home improvements projects for the month of July.  The very first thing we did was buy a dishwasher.  My dishwasher had been out of commission since the tornado in February, so after we saved up our money, we bought one!  No more hand washing for me.  I honestly have no idea how people make it with no dishwasher.  I am so lucky/blessed to have one again!


The next project I tackled, all by myself might I add, was Ryleigh Jane's bedroom.  She had the same decor since she was born with the exception of changing stages on her bed.  I felt at the ripe old age of 4.5, it was time for an upgrade!  I wanted to do it reasonably though.  I could spend a bazillion dollars on home decor, but I don't have that much in my budget, so I bought a bed frame from a friend.  I spray painted it to match her same furniture.  I bought a mattress from Big Lots, and I got her new bedspread off of overstock.  I also hand painted some letters that were never painted and put on her wall as a baby.  Overall I spent less than $200.  I think it was a pretty big success!  Her reaction wasn't what I expected, but I think deep down she was pleased.  She is quite sentimental for her young self and got a little teary eyed when I showed it to her.  It was a total surprise, and I think it just caught her off guard.  Here are the before and afters.






Before--

Before#2

After

A happy girl!  

The finished product...Only missing a curtain, but I just haven't found the exact one I want yet!

 We also got a personal improvement for Ryleigh Jane of getting a really good big girl haircut!  I was going to donate her hair, but it would have been so short.  I didn't want to risk her looking like I did when I was little.  We just went for a longer sassy cut!  Mrs. Shanda always does an awesome job, and she didn't fail us this time either!

She has beautiful hair, so this picture makes me sad to think I chopped it all off!  

One last before

After!  So cute :) 

Looks healthier


Much easier to maintain, especially swimming!

The rest of July was just a couple of playdates, State DYW for me, and good visit home to Henleyfield for my mom's birthday!  Here are the rest of our pics :)



My dad's "fruits" of labor from gardening. 

Happy Birthday MiMi! 57 never looked so good :) 

Ryleigh Jane was eating this chicken on the bone!  GAG...makes me sick just thinking about it! 

From time to time, we open our computer at home that RJ plays on, and we find random photos that she has taken of herself.  This one was especially great!  

And the next one was saved as our desktop background.  That kid can do more with this computer than we can!  



No comments:

Post a Comment