Brad and I made the decision this year to put RJ into pre-K 4 at Sacred Heart Catholic School. It was a hard decision, but Ryleigh is quite mature for her age, and of course she is super smart (I know I am partial) so it only seemed right to move forward. We went back and forth between a couple of schools, but we settled on SHS because it is an awesome school and a very good long term option for us. It was also cheaper than daycare, or so we thought before all the "hidden mickey" fees. Anyway! Her first day was August 9, so we bought her uniforms and got ready for the big day! She was pretty dang excited about going to school, and I have to brag on her because it has been almost an entire month, and she has not gotten into one bit of trouble = no conduct circles! I am totally amazed. She has also learned more in this last month than I thought she would in the entire year and honestly that is not an exaggeration. They take Spanish, Computer, PE, Music, Art, and Library class on top of all the regular stuff. She loves her teachers Mrs. Villarreal and Mrs. Nicovich to death. We carpool every other week with Anna Cooper, which RJ just thinks is the coolest thing ever. So far, as you can tell, we feel so good about our decision. It is a long way to school and home each day, but I already feel like it's worth it. The only downfall that I need to add is that RJ hates extended care! She tries to wriggle her way out of it every day. Maybe she will get more accustomed to it the longer the year goes on??? One can hope anyway!

Meet the teacher
Her classroom!
All ready to go!
Sweet little school girl
This is her I am nervous and don't really want to take pics face
Posing for daddy
Carpool fun!
Free Dress Fridays are her favorite :)
Her very first art project, and I thought it was really cool!
Classroom art
so cute :)
Her whale!
No comments:
Post a Comment