Friday, December 23, 2011

My child the manipulator

This post is going to be more of a story post than what I normally write, but since this is RJs scrapbook I had to include this little story....I knew the day would come when Ryleigh Jane would learn to manipulate me, but I never thought it would be at such a young age. I mean she isn't even 3 for goodness sakes! A couple of weekends ago, Addison stayed the night with us. RJ acted normal all day and night and all of a sudden she started screaming and crying about being cold. This was no ordinary temper tantrum, and it went on for an entire hour. Addison asked if we would take her home because RJ was scaring her so badly. I finally called my sister and decided to put her in the bath tub to get her warm. Once she was in the tub, she was relaxed enough to go #2, so of course I think problem solved!
Well, not so much! She started throwing these fits more and more often, and I found out she was doing it at school too. At first I was really worried, especially the night she had me in the tub with her at 2 in the morning because she was crying and her temp came in right at only 96 degrees. I finally decided after 2 weeks of this that she may be just doing it for attention, but I also had all kinds of things that could be wrong in the back of my head. Off to the doc we went.
Dr . Shook is such a good, patient, and kind doctor. He listened to my spill and proceeded to do a full exam, including some blood work. The final verdict was that I have a perfectly healthy brat lol! He tried to help her case by saying it may be viral to which I just laughed. She really is just bad and too smart for her own good. We came home and had a "come to Jesus meeting". We explained how it scared us terribly and that she shouldn't do things like that. She said she was sorry and has not tried this tactic again. Thank goodness!
I felt stupid going to the doctor since there was nothing wrong, but I live by the better safe than sorry mantra when it comes to her. We did get some new stats on her though! She is still a peanut weighing in at 27 lbs (16%) and is only 34.5 in(<5%) - not much change since this summer either. Oh well, Guess she will just be a oompah loompa like me ;) and she probably wouldn't be able to do her mermaid toes so well either!

No comments:

Post a Comment