Thursday, March 19, 2020

COVID-19

So, it's been a while since I updated my blog/rjs scrapbook. We have had an incredible year from 2019-2020, but it's been a busy one.  I am taking time to write this update first before I use my extra time to update the book on our lives. Here is a brief synopsis, for you to read one day, RJ!

This virus, COVID-19, is a crazy one. It started in China and made it's way across Asia into Europe and now America because of air travel. We are supposed to be on a 2 week quarantine to "flatten the curve" and keep the virus from spreading. It can cause extreme respiratory distress and hospitalization in younger people and be deadly for elderly and immuno-compromised individuals. We as an entire country have been asked to stay home and away from others to help stop the spread. It's a very apocalyptic feeling right now.

When I feel uneasy like this, I get quiet, and I find something to clean and/or organize. We cleaned our house yesterday trying to keep busy. I think one silver lining we are seeing from this event is the fact that everyone is slowing down and just being with their people. The only solace I have that keeps me from being "scared" is my Savior.  I know that this life is not the end for me. I know that HE is ultimately in control. He knows what's happening and is holding me. There is no greater love to be known than my Savior's love. I rest in that, as I hope others can too. Now that I have some extra time on my hands, I am going to get caught up on this blog!  See you real soon :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment