Sunday, March 25, 2018

She turned 9!!!

Wow... I know I say it a million times in this blog/book, but how is it possible that she is 9??? 9 years have gone by in a flash, and this year February 2nd came and went too quickly once again!  Ryleigh Jane has had so many phenomenal birthday parties, I just really couldn't come up with anything else that she would love that she hasn't already done. She and I were just talking one evening about what she would like to do that was more low key than years past. I brought up maybe not doing presents from friends, and that idea slowly evolved into her deciding to collect teddy bears to be given to the Kids Hub teddy bear room.  She saw this room one evening when at Kids Hub with Brad and me, and she has talked about what an impact it had on her ever since.  I was all for the idea, so we got started. Her birthday was on a Friday.  We ALWAYS eat Mexican on her actual birthday, so I decided to combine the two ideas! We set up a side room at Rio Grande for all of her friends to come and donate a bear and have a fiesta!  It turned out really great, and she donated over 40 bears to Kids Hub for abused children. She also got tickets to the Taylor Swift concert in September as her big gift from mom and dad and a gel manicure on her big day!  Happy Birthday to my sweet girl :)






































We took this picture the day we dropped the bears off! 



Presley had her birthday party immediately following RJs at ACE. The bday girls had to snap a pic together!  

Final pic of the night!  We didn't take one together at the party, so I insisted on this one at bedtime :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment