Saturday, December 30, 2017

Reading Fair, Spirit Week, and Living Wax Museum

This week at SES was INSANE!  We had spirit week, where we dress up every day for Red Ribbon/Drug awareness. In the middle of this chaos was reading fair, and RJ had to dress up for the Excel living wax museum.
It was crazy, but it was so much fun!!






The reading fair board and RJ dressed up as her character:

The Living Wax Museum:
This night was the neatest I have experienced as a parent for a school activity.  Each excel student had to choose a historical person and research their life/legacy.  They had to make a poster about the historical figure and memorize a paragraph about their life. They dressed as the person and lined the halls of the whole elementary school.  The parents walked the hall and "pushed the button" on each wax figure, where the child then proceeded to tell the memorized factual paragraph of their character. It was awesome!  Ryleigh Jane chose to be Amelia Earhart, which I thought was really cool because I was obsessed with her when I was young :) 







Austyn/Princess Diana

Ashton/Jackie O



Mary Tate/Marilyn Monroe

Josie/Walt Disney


Kyla also chose to be Amelia Earhart!  What a neat idea and experience for them as students and us as parents! 


No comments:

Post a Comment