Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Random Summer Events

At our house, we just cruise through the summer. I am very much a schedule/planner/organized type A person.  Summertime generally stresses me out, when most people are more relaxed. The randomness of the days, who's keeping RJ, the bedtime routine, really just all of it kind of stresses me.  Anyway, here are some pics and events that we participated in to up the random summer factor! Also, I like to bake and just try new things in the kitchen, which are usually just really yummy not so good for the tummy size desserts!  I always have a helper too :) She is an excellent sous chef and taste tester!

Campfire Cones
Mississippi Mud Cake

Buttermilk Pie

This yumminess was made from blueberries we picked outside the back door of my office in Hattiesburg!  It was delish ;) 


Little snake friend I found on my lunch break one day in our birdhouse! 

Cute new hairdo for my sweet little angel

Ryleigh Jane worked her little fanny off this summer in the gym at ACE and at DanceSouth!  I am so super proud of her accomplishments: new leaps and tricks for her solo, standing back handspring, round off back hand spring with 3 in a row!  She is so close to getting her aerial and her reward of 32 degrees yogurt I can literally taste it!




These girls and their mamas saved me on several occasions this summer with helping cart RJ around and keeping her entertained for me!  Thank you Blackstocks and Millers!!! 

Random pool fun with Addison. She didn't get to stay with us near as much as she normally does.  We have all grown up and gotten way too busy.



 Ryleigh Jane and I had time for a girls date day where we went and saw Alice Through the Looking Glass and shopped 'til we dropped for these killer fake glasses!


RJ stayed the night with Charley one weekend, and I picked them up for Sunday School.  It just so happened this was the last day that Sarah Kate would be at SS as well!  Ryleigh Jane has cried several times of SK leaving.  She will miss her dearly at church! 



 Some of the random Touchstone farm/hunting puppies they get to play with pretty frequently!

 HAPPY FATHER'S DAY BRAD!!!


Ginger got an ant bite on her paw one afternoon outside.  She really milked this injury for a few days.  Holding her leg in the air while sleeping was one of the best actions to took.  I could not stop laughing at her. 


 We had several friends stay the night as well! 



(found this lovely jewel on my phone at work one morning!)



 We had a Miss Mississippi viewing party at the Miller's house because we knew a lot of the princesses in the pageant from DanceSouth. The girls dressed up in formals and laughed, danced, giggled, changed into costumes, ate yummy snacks, jumped on the trampoline, and squealed all night long!  It was a great idea and fun time!!  




Happy Summer 2016!  Now, bring on the school schedule and the normalcy my little mind and heart so crave! 

No comments:

Post a Comment