Monday, January 28, 2013

Just January

Not too much family time has taken place for us for the month of January.  I am involved in the Distinguished Young Women program in Pearl River County.  For the entire month of January we had practice 2 nights a week, and extra activities for the participants.  This schedule meant we spent a lot of time at my mom's, and I spent a lot of time away from Ryleigh Jane and Brad.  If the program wasn't such a great one, and I didn't happen to be a former participant, I would not sacrifice my time.  I do enjoy it though, and it is a great way for young women to earn scholarship money for college.

Our winner and our committee

Me and my sweet girl- She liked watching the big girls perform on the big stage! 


 We did get a couple things in for the month.  We first attended Kendall's birthday party at Kids Rule.  Ryleigh Jane had a really good time, but even she is getting burnt out on the jumpy things.  She turned to me in the middle of the party and said, "mom is it time for us to be done and go home now?"  LOL!  This girl is too grown!
This girl loves a good birthday party!

Happy Birthday, Kendall!

3 peas in a pod :)

Anna Cooper, one of Ryleigh Jane's best friends


Ryleigh Jane also participates in the TOT basketball program at her daycare.  She absolutely loves learning her basketball skills.  We had a performance at a Sumrall High game to show off what all they have learned.  Like everything else RJ does, she takes this very seriously, and she did do really well.  She takes after her momma and her daddy when it comes to being a perfectionist!

Getting ready to perform

There are way more of them than I realized!

So serious about getting it just right!

She looked straight at me on this part.

She is so dang short!  I don't really think basketball will be in our future.

Sweet girl :)

Addison came to watch her perform too along with MiMi, Paw Paw, Maw Maw and Paw Paw.

It lightly snowed one morning before school this month.  Ryleigh Jane was very disappointed that it didn't stick, and she didn't get to eat a snowball.  Oh well... maybe next time!

Running through the "snow plates" as she calls them

You can see a tiny bit of snow on our neighbor's house.  Wish we would have gotten a little bit more :(

Another sweet pic of my precious girl!

Finally, we finished out our last weekend/week of the month by going to a birthday party for Ava, my best friend from home's little girl.  We also said goodbye to 2 of our family animals, Petie and Baby.  It has been a busier month than even I realized!  

Pulling piñata strings

Ready for the cake!

Ryleigh Jane always gets impatient when she is waiting for her cake.

This girl is growing up quick!



Petie Touchstone
1997-January 26, 2013

Baby Burke
1999-January 28, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment