Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sometimes you need a little whipped cream...

This past weekend, Brad, Katie, Joey, and I all went canoeing down Black Creek.  It is rare that we all get to hang out together with no babies, so we took advantage of it.  We didn't think we would be gone that long, but we had a lot of catching up to do and were gone most of the day.  I had more fun than I have had in a long time.  I really cherish these times with my family, especially when I consider my family my close/best friends :)  Here are a couple pics from the day.  Enjoy the blurry pic of me swinging on the rope swing in my swimsuit.  I don't take pics of me in a swimsuit EVER! 




RJ is turning into a full blown girlie-girl.  She requests a bow every morning before school, and we even had to let her sleep in one one night.  She was freaking out to have one, so instead of me fighting her and hoping she would go to sleep, I caved and put one in her hair.  This weekend, I decided I would paint her toenails.  She was so still and liked it so much, we did her fingernails too!  Aren't her little piggies too cute? 
I don't know if you all remember, but a couple months ago, I blogged about RJ having her own garden on the backporch.  Well, one set of those flowers didn't live, and at first I didn't think this one was going to do anything.  BUT!  Lo and behold, it grew a whole lot and made a beautiful sunflower.  I am so proud of her :)
Finally, I made the comment to Brad today about how it is so frustrating to come home every afternoon after being away from RJ and at work all day to a VERY grouchy baby.  She cried the whole time I cooked dinner, the whole time she ate, and the whole time Brad and I ate.  Finally, when Brad and I were eating our Strawberry shortcake, Brad found a way to cheer her up.  He said, "Sometimes you need a little whipped cream!"  Haha!  I am glad we can be so silly sometimes.  I hope RJ remembers us for this.  She thought it was pretty dang funny tonight! 

3 comments:

  1. I love the whipped cream picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun on the creek! I love the whipe cream pictures, I may have to try that one on Josie in the evenings!

    ReplyDelete